Sunday, April 15, 2018

30-Day Core Challenge!

Will somebody please explain to me what the heck is going on with the weather? The sky is spewing ice pellets and it's freezing freezing cold out there. It's a very dreary Sunday morning, Spring has clearly fucked off to the Bahamas, yet He Who Shall Not Be Named and I did manage to drag our butts out of bed, schlepp all the way across town to our newest favorite diner - Mythology to stuff our faces full of Chef Doug McNish's vegan breakfast delights.


I had a triple-decker something-or-other this morning with a wheel-barrel-sized helping of homefries so you know that something's got to be done to prevent me from splitting my pants. I love Mythology, I love Doug's cooking, I have no plans of giving it up and despite what the weather is doing at the moment, I am choosing to believe that it will actually be spring one day and following spring will swimsuit season. Eventually. So... I need a freakin' intervention. Or...

How 'bout I propose a 30-day challenge to myself (and anyone else who loves a fried breakfast as much as I do) inspired by my girl Natalia. Natalia is brand spanking new to LEKfit and was browsing through all of the options on Lauren's OnDemand website when she came across a mini core workout. It's only five minutes long, but it packs a punch - right to the gut. Right where I need it.



Natalia became so enthused after doing it, proclaiming it was exactly what her middle cried out for, and that she was going to do it everyday for the rest of her life or until she saw that muffin-top vanish. I was like hell yeah, you go girl! And then I went for breakfast and ate way too much. 

Now I'm like, she might be onto something, dammit.



So this is what I propose...

Starting today - (several hours from now once I awaken from my carb-induced coma) I am going to do my regular LEKfit workout along with that mini-core add on.
And I am going to attempt to do it everyday for the next 30 days. 

So what is today?... April 15th (Chef Emery birthday) until May 14th (the day after Mother's day). The reason this is so timely is because I'm going into another extremely busy period at work, so there are just going to be days where getting a full workout in might feel impossible, but everybody, no matter how busy they are, can find five minutes in their day to work their core right? So I have no excuse. I'm gonna do that workout (and whatever else I can manage to fit in) every day for 30 days and I'm betting I'll see a huge difference in my marshmallow middle.

I'll letcha know how it goes and if you elect to do it with me, that would be awesome because misery loves company I mean, workout buddies are the best motivation!

Happy Day 1 of the 30-Day Core Challenge beauties!
Love, 
Shan



2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, challenge accepted!!!! I think that this is it!!! I have the feeling that Lauren was inspired by me when she designed this core workout... she must have seen me in her dreams.... When she's on the side plank, legs crossed and makes your arm go inwards...ay,ay,ay!! (as we say in Spain) you can feel your abs screaming!!!!! and she counts down... love it when she counts from 5 instead of 10 lol... Thank you for keeping me company on this journey!! We got this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha - I know that count down is the best. It's like a gift from God, just when you think you've settled into the rest of your life, just living in side-plank forever - her voice is like a light in the darkness!
      I hope we got this - I wonder if by the end of the 30 days - will it feel easy? Will we be like bring it on! Can't wait to find out.

      Delete