Sunday, October 26, 2014

Face it.

Remember the quote I shared from the book - How to be Parisian Wherever You Are? Once you reach a certain stage in life "You have the face that you deserve." 

Turns out it was a Coco Chanel quote. I just love it. 

When I was a kid and behaving poorly or pouting about something you could always see it on my face. My mom would warn: "Be careful, the wind might change and your face will stay that way." I suppose she was really saying the same thing that Coco Chanel was saying. You'll eventually get the face that you deserve.

On that note, I want to share another great weekend quote with you... Especially if you're maybe feeling, shall we say, less than youthful...

"Enjoy the face you have today. It's the one you'll wish you have ten years from now."

 
Ain't that some truth right there.

Hope yours was a fabulous weekend.
xo
Shan

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! So very true! Thanks for the reminder. :) - Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true, isn't it, Donna. I often think I should imagine myself at 60, what would I tell myself. Like being 40, oh what I would now tell my 20-year-old self.

      Delete