Friday, May 1, 2015

It's May!

It's May! It's May! It's May!
Spring time. Baby animals are being born, flowers are blooming, snow is melting and the days are growing longer. But for me it's also a time of huge upheaval with a cross-country move and searching for work. These are two of life's biggest stress-inducers.

In order to cope I wanted May's monthly virtue to reflect a positive aspect that I could practice and cultivate in spite of the stress. There has been a "happiness bomber" hitting the West End in Vancouver before we left and so I took my cue from them.


Happiness is a choice. We cannot always choose our circumstances or every curve ball life may throw our way, but we can choose our attitude. So for May, I Choose Happy.

Sorry I have to keep this so short, I'm on the road having an adventure before getting down to the business of shelter and gainful employment. But I will be posting pics on my INSTAGRAM page, just click my photo above to check out our journey.

Big hugs.
Shan 



 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the perfect monthly virture/inspiration. I choose happy right along with you. I was looking for a little kick in the pants to pull out my camera and start documenting some awesome.

    Happy and safe travels to your new home!

    myla (divabuddha on Instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you document girl! Happy happy joy joy!

      Delete
  2. Hi Shan,
    I LOVE your May virtue and it definitely seems to be popping up all around you, it must be a sign ;-)
    Loving the Instagram pics, looks like a long but beautiful trek across country. Hope Rama is taking lots of selfies on the way too lol.
    Looking forward to seeing where you settle yourselves and what's to come for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janice,
      Have been taking pics of the dog of course but not posting too many as not sure everyone loves him as MUCH as I do. Lol.
      Look forward to catching up once I'm settled.

      Delete
  3. I love this photo it's awesome........choose happiness over everything I say! I read a beautiful saying along those similar lines recently, happiness is a state of mind, one that we can control and therefore perhaps we're also in control to a certain extent if we're not happy?! Very interesting!
    Be safe and have an amazing trip! Loving seeing your photos over on Instagram!
    xx
    Is that a random hospital stretcher in the background!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true Hanna, we definitely have control over our attitude, as you well know! Your positive vibes carried you through all this.
      And OMG it so looks like a stretcher. It's not. It was one of our local homeless folks' trolly of finds. lol

      Delete
    2. Ha ha I just saw your reply! Now the mystery of the stretcher or not-a-stretcher is solved! Looks like he's good at 'finding' things :) x

      Delete