Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ho-Ho-Hold the Holidays!

What the hell, man? Everywhere I look I see Christmas. We were barely past Halloween (I'm saying people were still in costumes) when the decorations came out! Whaaaat?!? I'm not ready for the holidays to start yet, are you?

I'd been doing so well. Two weeks off the sugar and handling it like a pro, then the Halloween candy went on sale.... then I hit the airport for a whirlwind cross-country business trip and bing bang boom! I was a chocolate-eating maniac. Ha, the irony is that when I came home, I stepped on the scale and had lost two pounds. Ain't Irony a bitch! I felt like crap tho, jet-lag didn't help and decided that I wanted to do a detox.

So I popped out to Whole Foods to pick up my fave, Wild Rose Detox and they were sold out! Can you believe it? Seems I wasn't the only one thinking it's time for a cleanse. I had to go to four stores to find what I was after. Are you kidding me? I'd began to think that the universe was trying to tell me something: "Eat chocolate. Eat Chocolate!" Or maybe that was just my obnoxious inner voice.



In the end I got my detox and started it on Thursday. The same day I came across a GOOP post that had Gwyneth Paltrow talking about doing the same thing. When I'm onto something, I am really onto something! It's not like GP is my BFF and we called each other up and said: "Hey are you feeling all bloated and groggy and want to get feeling tip top so we can drink more champers over the hols?" (for those of you who don't have Brits around your table the translation is -- so we can drink more champagne over the holidays)  You know, Gwynnie being formerly coupled with a Brit and He Who Shall Not Be Named being from the UK, naturally we have tons in common...

Anyway.

I'm a firm believer that Misery Loves Company, oops, did I type that out loud? I meant it's so nice to have someone to share all this sparkling clean eating with so here I am blogging about it.

Now you and me and GP can all get squeaky clean together. You can read all about her cleanse at the above link, but for ease, here is the Cliff notes version.


Plus she follows the golden 12-Hour rule. Leave 12 hours between your evening meal and breakfast the next day. I'll tell you, that has been my digestion's best friend.

While I haven't been perfect this weekend (there was a little matter of the hollandaise and "English" muffin that came with this morning's eggs bennie - I blame the Brit... god I hope he doesn't read this) I've stayed off the sugar again!!! and am doing better than if I'd not been on a detox.

Go team clean. Making room for our holiday goodies, snacks and champers will be worth this week of hell, I mean clean!!

xo
Shan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment