Sunday, August 5, 2018

I'm back... And still loving LEK!

Guys it's been such a long road and I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm finally feeling well enough and strong enough to start doing full studio classes with LEK again. After nine weeks of vertigo, I was wiped out. And still treating the underlying condition of anemia, I had a ways to go before I could get back into the swing of working out for more than ten or fifteen minutes at a time. Thank goodness Lauren offers little shortie classes and add-on's on her site, am I right?

After starting with last week's class (July 25/18) only doing the first 20 minutes for three days I eventually got brave enough to try the whole class and it was terrific. The first day I did it, it took everything I had so I need a rest day in between. Then I was able to tackle it again and got through with flying colors. I loved it so much, I hated to move on to the new class (August 1/18) but... new month, new attitude, new class. I have to say, I can tell right off the bat that this is going to be one of those classic workouts that I will revisit again and again long after the next week's class comes up.

It starts off in a very gentle, wake your body up kind of way. Moving and stretching with your body's own rhythms. Then it moves into a ballet vibe, with strong control over every movement. Nothing is wasted as Lauren takes you through a series of leg exercises that work the legs and core beautifully. The workout takes on a bit of a burlesque feel. I haven't felt well, so needless to say I've not been feeling too sexy, but the workout woke up my inner goddess and got me in touch with my sensual core. 

Nothing fancy here, no gimmicky, over-complicated moves, no props, or too hard to complete movements. The best part, is I rarely even had to look at the screen because our brilliant teacher talked us all the way through everything.

It was smooth and jazzy, then built to a funky finish with great energy.

I am so glad to be back. Able to move my body. And delighted to have such a great platform to do that.

Hope you're all doing well. Enjoying whatever movement you're into and loving this beautiful summer.

Love,
Shan

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant news Shan! So glad you're feeling well enough to do a class again. This one sounds perfect too.
    Hope you continue to feel better, be kind to yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janice. It's so good to be back moving my body again.

      Delete
  2. Yay! LEKfit is great for short workouts! You’re on your way! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one day at a time, one foot in front of the other. I'm getting there. Thanks for the support.

      Delete