Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Autumn

Hey there!

Can you believe that the long weekend is over and with it our summer? Actually it's still quite hot here so I'm not feeling as Autumny as I normally do this time of year. Still I love that feeling of Back to School, even though I am hell and gone from being school-aged. 

It's the clean slate. The fresh start. The black shiny chalkboard. Crisp new notebooks. Fresh fall air and the smell of burning leaves. Ahhhhh. Boots, hats, cute jackets. Best time of the year.

As usual I'm late to the party but since we're still in the early days of September I thought it not too late to share my monthly virtue. I have two actually. 

Simplicity and Health.

The first I chose because life has felt incredibly complicated of late. I was fortunate enough to get a contract for a show, so been busy writing that. Still adjusting to our move across the country and of course a new part-time job to pay off the road trip. The sad thing is that the part-time job has been more full time in recent weeks so am struggling to maintain the balance. In addition to all of this, my sister and her family have been going through... to say struggle doesn't even begin to touch the pain. Let's just say that everything they knew, everything they had, it's changed. Their life and by association my life has gone through a proverbial tornado and come out the other side completely upside down and unrecognizable. As as each day passes it seems to get more complicated. So Simplicity.

Secondly, as you well know, stress can adversely affect our health. My beautiful and very talented friend Sophie has had some serious issues with her foot that have been affecting her everyday routines and generally disrupting her life. I threw my neck out - again. Why oh why did I do that rolling plow from last week's Live Stream?? I can't blame the class alone. I knew doing the move would be a bad idea, add to that the ton of stress on my shoulders and BAM! I was immobilized for the better part of four days. I am only now beginning to feel human again. So my other BFF, sister from another mister Natalia thought it might be a good idea for the three of us to focus on healing and I could not agree more.

So as we turn the calendar toward Autumn and our days begin to shorten, it felt like a really good time to call upon the powers that heal and our ability to actively simplify where we can.

Clean slate. New start. Two of my favorite things. It's like seeing a road stretched out before you. Not really sure of where it's going to take you, but feeling the crackling good energy in the knowledge that you are firmly behind the wheel and can steer your life in any direction you choose.


With much love in my heart,
Shan
xo


 

7 comments:

  1. i've missed you SO much. corny and selfish, i know. SO selfish. you're busy. you're real. at this point, this blog is such a sideline, i totally understand that. but f*ck - you rock girl and your voice is missed. glad to have a glimpse again but truly sorry to hear about the everyday struggles. hugs from randomness and cheers to (y)our health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, I have no words. thank you so much. honestly you do not know what that means to me.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Shan it's lovely to see you write here again. Sorry your whole family have had hard times, it's never easy to deal with change and upheaval and you've been through a lot lately. Time for you to think of yourself and be a little self-indulgent maybe. Look after yourself - your 3 sisters healing program is just what you need.
    Love your new background colours by the way, Autumn is on its way! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janice. Yes, healing is just what we need and fall is a good time to go into that self-care mode. Routines are easier to keep, cooler weather turns our focus within. It's all good.
      Love you, miss you my other sister!!

      Delete
    2. Miss you too!! I feel a warm and cosy Autumn/Winter coming on with much more WhatsApping ;-)

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that your family is having troubles. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love. There comes a time when you have to let go, knowing that you cannot live another's life for them. That is where I'm at. It hurts, but we will heal.
      xo

      Delete